Saturday, April 5, 2008

April 4, 2008




Sundance & Bebe
I decided to fiddle with some Level 4 tasks, playing with a horse on the ground while riding a horse. I this was only the second time I had done this, I felt confident about it myself... Sundance had to get used to the idea that the stick I was using was not directed toward him, after that he was fine with it. Bebe had done this once before, he was not sure at first but afterwards he was doing just fine. Bebe was circling around me at the trot, then we did a cool yo-yo type task... If Sundance walked back Bebe would walk forward, then if Sundance walked forward Bebe would walk back, we even did some side passing together. I can't wait to start seriously into Level 3, it's going to be so much fun.

I found some great quotes of Pat's in my Level 3 Booklet:

"Savvy is knowing where to be, when to be, why to be and what to do when you get there at any given moment, and in any situation with a horse." -Pat Parelli

"Savvy is what becoming a horseman is about." - Pat Parelli
I want to be savvy, it's what I strive for, and hopefully will be.


Sundance
Later that afternoon I hooked on the 22ft line and played with..
~ Departure at the canter.
~Change of direction.
~ Preparation for downward transitions at Liberty.
We will be videoing our re-tasks for Level 2 soon, good thing I do not have a lot to do.
He was a little rusty because of all the mud but other than that he was great.


Bebe
It was starting to thunder by the time I started with the Beebsters but we still got to play...
~Stick 2 Me (Sticking to me and doing what I do no matter what I do.)
~Needle prep
~Holding feet up
~Yo-yo
He was 100% great, couldn't ask for more from my willing little gelding.


xoxo

No comments: