Reining Pattern Work on Sundance
- Continue to advance the back up (making it his idea) and spur stop.
- Continue to work on making flying changes smoother.
- Advance lightness.
- STOP TOUCHING THE REINS SO MUCH, MARIAH! Geez *rolls eyes* Control freak much?
- Work on reining patterns with a lot of repetition, focusing on giving him the responsibility to maintain his mental connection and feeling my seat easier to adjust speed within the gait.
- Work on square turns VS round turns.
Dressage Pattern Work on Sundance
- Same as most above.
- Work on 10 meter and 20 meter circles.
- Lighter sideways, engagement, and disengagement.
- Fix cradle bridle, for Pete's sake, lazy bum!
Jabaar's Development Points
- Continue fluid rein in trot with patterns.
- Experiment with cantering, as he offered it last session.
- Finish off follow rail.
- Start enforcing the clover leaf pattern.
- Start ending sessions with walk around pasture to prepare for trail work.
- Finish off on bit acceptance.
If you have any questions on anything I have posted please ask! Thanks!