Monday, April 7, 2008

April 6, 2008

Bebe

I decided to play a little with trailering, he did very well. He was slightly right brained in the beginning because some of my family members were target practicing with their rifles, but after a little puzzle solving he was left brained in no time. I left him in there with some feed while I cleaned our messy barn and mingled with Sundance.

We headed over to the arena with a goal, officially pass Bebe in a level 2 task (7 games with an obstacle). I didn't think he would pass but he did very well, he even side passed over the barrels a few times without knocking any of them over. He was excellent, I left the session there. I am glad I stopped when we did, now he has a fresh taste in his mouth and will be even more positive about the next session.

Sundance
Sundance and I played in the arena yesterday, we worked with...
  • Departure at Canter (Now ready to tape)
  • Departure at Trot (ditto)
  • Departure at Walk (Already been taped)
  • Change of Direction: Online & Liberty (ditto)
  • Downward transitions at Liberty (very close)

He did very well, and was very fun to play with! Today should be fun too.

Afterwards my brother wanted me to go on a ride and I did not want to ride Bebe or Sundance, they had already done enough. So I put my dressage saddle and cradle bridle on my Dressage trained 26 year old mare and hit the trail, all the while playing with side passes at different gaits and vertical flexion. I had forgotten how fun she was to ride, what a joy!

xoxo

No comments: