Thursday, May 15, 2008

May 14 & 15, 2008 - Important Announcement (Under 'Bebe')


Sundance More Level 3
Both Days - Sundance and I are stepping up in Level 3, we are now doing the task of backing all the way to the end of the 45 foot line whilst staying straight without wiggling the hook at his chin on the halter. Also being fully out on the 45 foot line with the belly of it on the ground going sideways for at least 50 to 300 feet. We had a great start, the tasks should be done and over with in no time.
Bebe Stepping up big time!
Day 1 - Bebe and I worked on downward transitions at liberty, he got a hang of it. Then we stopped! Because he did so well.
Day 2 - I hate to say this to a certain extent but I will more than likely be passing Level 3 with Bebe the first time around. Bebe has shown himself as a horse worthy of taking this journey with me for the following reasons:
  1. Bebe has shown such a willingness and wanting to please his partner.
  2. He has the perfect personality for me, willing and playful without being asked.
  3. He is EXTREMELY smart, very quick learner and wants to learn.
  4. Sundance took 1 and 1/2 years to learn Level 2, Bebe has taken about 6 months or less without consistent playing like Sundance.
  5. Sundance look a couple of weeks to get this far in Level 3, Bebe took 3 days.
  6. Bebe just really brings joy to me because he wants to be doing something with me, Sundance is a big introvert that would rather do what he'd want to do.
  7. Bebe will get through this program faster than Sundance will because of his willingness.

I am not at all saying Sundance is not a good horse, he is amazing but Bebe seems to be the best candidate for my first horse to pass in Level 3. I will still continue the same exact pattern I have been taking with the two horses and still let them excel at their own pace, nothing will change. But I know Bebe will over excel Sundance and will move through Level 3 much faster, neither of these horses are more or less important to me and will be treated the same. This will not change anything, they both hold the same places in my heart. I am so blessed to have these two horses as my partners, I love them very much!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are the horses different or have your savvy level changed?

- Ninie Perlt

The Alway Family said...

Both I guess, Bebe has become more confident and wants to really do what I ask all the time. So he will get done faster than Sundance, Sundance will still be doing level 3 just the same but be behind a little bit because he isn't as a fast a learner as Bebe.
Also I will have already have the tasks done with Bebe, then Sundance will do them and I will know what he needs and what the finished product should look like so it will help me in my savvy with both and easy and hard horse in the long run.