Wednesday, May 21, 2008

May 21, 2008 - From Melancholic to Sanguine

Sundance Positivity!


Yes, Sundance wanted to COME to me today and did NOT have a bad attitude. Surprise? Yes, but no. Why did he act so happy? Because yesterday I kept the session short and fed him afterwards, what did I do today? The same thing, because I want him to want to be with me again tomorrow. So from now on I promise to keep my sessions short with Sundance, no matter how hard it is. I found that to be the easiest way for us in the fall, but got so excited about Level 3 and wanted to spend more time in it, well TO BAD! If I want to spend more time in Level 3 read the darn books Mariah, don't confuse and work the crud out of Sundance for your unconscious enjoyment! (Glad I got that out of my system). So I am going to read some more of my level 3 packets and dwell in that, which I enjoy very much anyway.


We played with:



  1. Squeeze on 45ft line


  2. Circle on 45ft line


  3. Sideways on 45ft line

That is it, and I am glad I left it there.



Bebe Progress, again!


Bebe's cantering sideways is getting more consistent and collected and his backing is getting faster, sometimes he gets scattered and I have to interrupt the pattern but that doesn't happen a much as it used to. That is actually what his right brainedness has turned into, he doesn't really turn right brained anymore he just gets a little scattered within himself and all have to do is get his rarely lost attention and move on. Progress.


We moved onto liberty, our favorite subject in Parelli preschool. We had tons and tons of fun! He did some close contact trotting in an open area without asking, what an absolutely pleasant surprise! More Progress. He just stuck to me the whole time, I felt so connected and felt such a partnership! We went into our liberty pen and he did FABULOUS, didn't try to stray and listening to everything I said. He even did some cantering and jumping in the air out of happiness without becoming disconnected, we were sassy with each other too just fooling around, squealing and enjoying each other. Major Progress.


I filled out a horsenality chart for Breeze, she is a Right Brained Introvert...

Tracking my Fusion Saddle, still on time and should be here Friday.





No comments: