Thursday, May 22, 2008

May 22, 2008 - BFO

BFO - Blinding Flashes of the Obvious




I had one last night as I read Booklet 2 of the Level 3 Refinement program...




Slow and right beats fast and wrong, slow and right builds fast and right, Slow and right beats fast and wrong, slow and right builds fast and right, Slow and right beats fast and wrong, slow and right builds fast and right, Slow and right beats fast and wrong, slow and right builds fast and right, Slow and right beats fast and wrong, slow and right builds fast and right, Slow and right beats fast and wrong, slow and right builds fast and right, Slow and right beats fast and wrong, slow and right builds fast and right, Slow and right beats fast and wrong, slow and right builds fast and right, Slow and right beats fast and wrong, slow and right builds fast and right, Slow and right beats fast and wrong, slow and right builds fast and right, Slow and right beats fast and wrong, slow and right builds fast and right, Slow and right beats fast and wrong, slow and right builds fast and right!





Think about it.





Sundance Being a Patient Partner






Well all the excitement of level 3 caused me to want to do a boat load of stuff with Sundance, and Sundance being a Left Brained Intovert could care less about playing. So he did not like me much for the past couple of weeks because I made him do things when I wanted him to do it, which dominant horses hate. So I am going to have to learn to take things slow, (Let me make and emphasis on slow: Slooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow.)
So he can think and enjoy the moment in rest, introverts love to rest, and the more rest at the end of a task the more motivated he will be. So I took the session slow and he loved me and had a more ear up at attention look to hiim, which is what I am always looking for!




What slowly played with today:




  • Backing length of 45 foot line
  • Cantering on 45 foot line

Bebe Confidence in Advancement

Bebe became a little tiny bit unconfident while going sideways at a faster speed, but he became confident after I backed him. He is doing a lot better and becoming less scattered, his is collecting up nicely on his own now. We just fooled at liberty for fun and then did our hill therapy, todays session went great!

xoxo

No comments: