Wednesday, May 28, 2008

May 28, 2008 - More Flying Lead Changes

Sundance and I played first, we started with our back to the end of the 45 ft line with TREATS. It didn't really work as much as I hoped so I emailed couple of Parelli instructors and have gotten some great but interesting response's, I will put their words of wisdom into use in our next session. Afterwards we played with the shoulder game, just to get his energy up. Then we worked on our flying lead changes on the 45 foot line, the last time we did this he had a little problem with the right side but he did a lot better today. I went out and played with Bebe afterwards and started with backing and sideways at higher gaits, his cantering sideways is getting a lot better and is getting more confident about it too. We went on to flying lead changes on the 45 foot line, it's getting really good, I thought he would have a hard time with it but since we are doing Hill Therapy his canter has become a lot more controlled. We moseyed over to the back up cones and had him back up all the way to the end of the 45 ft line, he is SO good at this and quick about it too with is ears up and everything, now we just need to get him a little bit straighter at the end and he will be set! Later in the afternoon my brother and I went on a trail ride, high energy, pond crossing, ditch jumping trail ride while using the carrot stick for communication (Stage 1 task) to help my independent seat and our carrot stick riding. We headed home and gave Sundance a good soak down with the hose, and ended the day with a scoop of sweet feed.

No comments: