Tuesday, June 17, 2008

June 16, 2008 - Oh, Boy!



Sundance
New Natural Performer Test Ride

Yes! My Natural Performer came in, and is absolutely beautiful. It is a half size bigger than what they recommend for my size but am so glad I ordered it in a 17.5 inch instead of a 17 inch, the color is called a Light Oil and is the most beautiful saddle I have ever seen. I cannot believe I raised enough money to buy it, I am proud of myself for being passively persistent in the proper position. I called Sundance from the barn and walked up to me from a pasture away with ears up, I told you he was happy with me, he just proved it there. I walked him to to the tack room and introduced the two, Sundance was actually interested in a piece of tack this time. When he saw the Fusion he acted like he had seen it a million times, but with this one, oh boy! It was because he was not happy with me when I got the Fusion, but now that he is happy he takes interest in anything I have. Now fast forwarding to when he was saddled up and ready... I put the stirrups on the last couple of holes because on all the saddles I've had I have had to put them on the last holes. Boy was I surprised! I had to put the stirrups up a lot! Now I knew this was the same exact size and color saddle Pat used, but I didn't know this was a saddle that was actually made for Pat himself! I took out the order certificate and on the top in pen was scribbled 'Pat Parelli' with some numbers on top. HOW COOL! So now I know, I am riding in a saddle that was made for Pat. Back to the stirrup topic, I had to put it up so many holes. Pat's legs are LONG! Surprisingly a lot longer than mine, he is like 6 foot 3 inches I think. I knew I felt short beside him at the Tour stop! I finally got in the saddle and melted from the comfort, we went and rode for probably and hour and a half and enjoyed every minute. I went to a huge open field with my brother (mind I was in a halter) and we both raced at a blazing gallop across the field, I have never ran that fast before on Sundance. I never felt out of control or unbalanced once, it was SO much fun. We made our way home the long way and asked Sundance to lower me to the ground with his neck, then gave him some sweet feed and ended a wonderful day with a huge smile on BOTH of our faces!
Bebe
Confidence, Natural Performer and True Love!
After taking the adrenaline pumping session with Sundace I went and played with the Beebsters. I stuck the NP on Bebe and drooled, he looks great in it! Then we did some traveling driving game and point to point standing in the middle of the hoola hoops to get his mind going and confidence boosted, that went great. Then we did our faster sideways, that went SO much better! His rusty side got calmer and more bent toward me, and I was able to get faster on the other side without him loosing his cool. We played with cantering on the 22 ft line closer and collected and that went real well, then took the halter off and we did some close contact trotting with the circling game and just affirmed how great our relationship is getting. I am in love with both of my horses, and they are acting like the are loving me too... it is such a great feeling, I cannot explain it other than, I feel complete.

No comments: