Wednesday, June 4, 2008

June 3, 2008 - Positive Introvert, Smart Extrovert


Positivity from Sundance

The session went very well, not perfect but great. We played with our flying lead change on the 45 foot line which is going really really well, won't be too long until we move onto something else. Our advancing game 4 with the 45 foot line is getting better, but not as well as i'd like it to be but it will come. http://youtube.com/watch?v=8l8mLx3Nt2E, this video is of my friend Sara studying and almost (so close) passed Level 3. Journey is doing about like Sundance except Sundance is a little slower, now that I watch the video Sundance is not doing as bad as I thought he was! BFO. I am just too critical, I need to "Be particular without becoming critical." - Pat Parelli. Sundance and I also played with trotting sideways on the 45 foot line without me moving my feet and the long distance squeeze game, I am a little sceptical about how the trotting sideways with me being still will go but am not going to worry about it because I really haven't dived into it yet. THEN we did our new favorite EXCITING game, sideways toward mommy! Yes, he will go sideways toward me, I was so surprised because I am not supposed to do this until like the middle or end of Level 3 and it is going awesomely.



Smart Little Extrovert
This session went by so fast I hardly remember it! But nonetheless we got a lot done and he did great. Flying lead changes, running backwards, backing 45 feet, cantering and trotting sideways and a little bit of liberty. We had so much fun, and he did GREAT! He is almost perfect, oh so close to perfection. I love him so much, he is such an easy partner to motivate and teach. He is still struggling a little tiny bit with cantering sideways because of his bodies 'downhillness' which is nothing he can help (But I can, that's why I am doing Hill therapy), he is a TON better than he used to be and still progressing a lot. Once we get this sideways behind us we can move on a little faster but I am going to make sure I have everything in line perfectly so we can move on, he tries SO hard in everything I ask him. I am very proud of him, he is so smart and willing.

No comments: