Thursday, June 5, 2008

June 4, 2008 - More Motivation and Learning to go Slow


More Motivation
Sundance did great great great today! His ears were up more than back, and he seemed very happy. We played with the same exact tasks as yesterday but are getting a lot better. I am going to move up in some tasks to get a little more variety in Sundance's sessions, which I am sure he will love! I can't wait to try new tasks with Sundance, but I am staying inside until later in the afternoon before I go play again because of the heat (6 or 7 o'clock). The summer has really crept up on us unexpectedly here in North Carolina, going from a 77 degree average to a 90 degree average! I will be posting some Level 3 tasks soon, so you'll know what I'll be doing.
Learning to go Slow
We did the same thing today as we did yesterday but better. We were going sideways at a canter and I noticed how scattered he seemed, hmmm... How Interesting! I asked him to walk sideways with the fence and he was still scattered, hmmm... How Interesting! I decided to take it slow and help him get his body in the right position to do what I ask, that helped a lot. I know why he was having trouble with the canter sideways, I was not taking it slow and getting the slower gaits really good sideways before I went and asked him to do the task at a higher gait. SLOW AND RIGHT BEATS FAST AND WRONG, SLOW AND RIGHT BUILDS FAST AND RIGHT! Some one help me remember this, please?
Bebe's swelling has gone down a little bit, that's progress! Please keep on praying, they are appreciated.

No comments: