Friday, July 11, 2008

July 10, 2008 - Creating a Better Relationship Through Undemanding Time

Yesterday, I just spent quality time with the horses. You won't believe how much of a difference it makes if you take the time it takes. I first spent time with Sundance alone in the barn and around the barn at liberty, giving scratches and hunting for goodies together. It is so much fun just bonding, you really get to know your horses very well that way. I'd say spending time like this is a major contributor to the relationship we have now, you know the saying? "A horse doesn't care how much you know, until he knows how much you care" - Pat Parelli. That statement is so true, and it has made a difference. After I had fun chilling and bonding with Sundance, I went out to the herd and took turns scratching them. By the time it was time to head in all of them were following me around, I wish I had a video of it, it was so funny. Bebe and I also got into a one-on-one grooming session, he'd come up to me to scratch backs and it all started. I itched and itched his back and he itched and itched all up and down my back, I had dirt all over my white shirt. It was so much fun, he enjoyed it a lot too. I know he did because he started it and I had to end it! No one wanted me to leave last night, I didn't want to leave either but the night was beckoning and I had to leave.

No comments: