Tuesday, July 15, 2008

July 13 & 14, 2008 - Leaps, Bounds and Videos



July 13, 2008

Oh my goodness, that felt like a year ago! Let's see... that was Sunday.
I remember playing with Sundance first, we did some liberty and online to warm up which went very well. Then we went on a trail ride with our carrot stick, I only had to pick up the reins once! Even at a gallop and jumping creeks and everything he did great! We also had some undemanding time while we camped out in the woods, he was SUCH a good boy. I got some good pictures of him too, he is so photogenic. That is one of the many reasons he is called Fabio! Later that afternoon I went out to play with Bebe, the beautiful slightly unconfident talented baby. Little man did not like the fact the herd was on the other side of the pasture, so he was unconfident about that. I got him thinking and kept on approving and he slowly got better and better, and also got a hang of the squeeze game and circling game on the 45 foot line. He doesn't like getting out that far, but he is getting better. The session went very well and ended very well, we did some liberty out in the pasture a little bit to make sure he was still with me. He was, but still was ready to get to his herd. So I decided to comply and put the Cradle bridle and Bareback pad on and used his energy when we rode to the herd into constructive energy, we worked and played on our Finesse. He is a very graceful horse if you know how to handle him, very sensitive too. I love a sensitive horse, very easy to get your message across and harmonize with.

July 14, 2008
Sundance and I did the same exact thing today as we did yesterday, it was SO much fun and he is improving a lot. It is also helping my independent seat, which is great! I played with Bebe again, he is SO smart! We played with the same things online and he did it again except so much better, more confidently and farther out in the line. He did really good on the circling game, he actually got out on the full 45 feet and did some head tosses and buck jumps (because we had the new Natural Performer on, which is new to him somewhat). He looked very happy and did a great job! We went on the same trail ride as Sundance and had no spooks, he had a couple of unconfident moments because of the new environment but did SO well! He desensitized very quickly and tried so hard, his canter felt great too. When we camped out he sat there like a little angel, ate grass and came over to snatch some crackers as a treat from mommy. I am sure our relationship got a little better afterwards, it was just such a great session. I am so very proud of him.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-ni3f8zGqs

1 comment:

Katie Oostman said...

This is horse_play, sounds like you made great progress! Yay, I'm happy for you! Fabio. . .that is very cute. Keep it up!