Sunday, July 27, 2008

July 24 - 26, 2008 - Learning More and More

Wowza! I've got so many good things going on and coming up. I am very excited about everything that is going on in and around a Little Patch of Heaven, life is most definitely good.
First off I will talk about some events that are coming up in the next few months for me -
  • Parelli Jacksonville Tour Stop on October 18-19, 2008 - I am an ambassador for this event. The South Charlotte Savvy Club is renting a van ( 8 seater with DVD players) and will ride up there together as a group, watching DVD's and talking like women do about Parelli. FOR 6 WHOLE HOURS. I am glad there won't be any guys tagging a long, they'd go insane and jump out of the van for all the talking of Parelli and dreams and such... for 6 hours. We will more than likely head down on Thursday because volunteers have to help set up Friday. Then we will spend the weekend on cloud nine and head home on Monday, with our pumped up selves ready to play with our horses.
  • Jesse Peters 2 Star Parelli Professional Clinic/Private Lesson/Halloween trail ride starting October 23rd. I will (a long with other SCSC members) be attending clinics by Jesse Peters. I will be auditing the Advanced Level 2 Clinic on October 26-27 and the Level 1 Advanced Clinic on November 1-2 with a Friend, and having a 3 hour private lesson on October 31 right before we go on a Halloween trail ride.
  • And of course monthly play days, which rock our extra tall cowboy boot socks off.

Now, for some things I have learned through playing with my super horses and things that have happened.

  • I need to interrupt RB behaviour in Bebe, he tries to but I have to help him not go off that edge.
  • Spend time with Bebe other than Level 3 practice time, he is not a hobby, he is a buddy that needs undemanding time like Sundance.
  • Sundance now instigates fun. Mom chase me, let's cut each other like cows!
  • Through improving and finishing one game, others improve including rapport.
  • We are almost ready to move on to the Liberty section of Stage 2 and finish up! Liberty will be easy to pass once I get a pen up, he's gotten really good and we have prepared.
  • Keep on doing what your doing, keep on persevering, keep on keeping on because it is and will pay off.
  • I GOT MY BLUE SAVVY STRING! See new profile picture on left/top of site.

It is all very exciting, we are improving leaps and bounds and I am learning so much! Any comments? Thanks for reading. I hope you all enjoy my blog, it is here for you and to show you dreams can come true with dedication and perspiration! It is so worth it, I promise.

2 comments:

Katie Oostman said...

Jacksonville sounds like fun, along with Jesse Peters! Keep it up!

holla said...
This comment has been removed by the author.