Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Parelli Kids Camp - More than just a camp for me, life changing.




First off, I want to say I am sorry to all the Mariah fans for not being able to blog this past week. I will post as much information as I can with the little time I have, I hope you all have your reading hat on because there will be lots of information!










For an over view of what the Parelli Kids Camps are about visit the link below:
















For an over view of what Parelli Kids is about visit the link below:















For more about my AMAZING new mentor and friend Charlotte Cannon, click the link below:
















I think very highly of Ms. Charlotte and am very blessed that I now have such a knowledgeable willing mentor (http://foxpointfarm.com/current_news.htm) only about 40 minutes away.







For more information on where I stayed, visit the link below:

















For Charlotte's Videos I showed her how to make with my "Mad Skills" (wink) visit:
















I had so much fun helping Charlotte and the Kids and acting like a sponge all week, Charlotte has SO much information bundled up that is ready to explode. I think I will bring a notebook and pen next week and write down every word she says! I look forward to Sundance and I working with her next week, it will be so nice having Sundance there this time. I got to ride with her on Sundance along with two other SCSC members that were gracious enough to take me and Sundance down to Lancaster. Charlotte knows how to flatter people, she likes Sundance a lot! I like him too, he was a perfect ANGEL and I was amazed with how well he did. I have spurs now, yes SPURS! I know some people do not understand them, know how misused they can be and a lot are not at a high enough level for them. But Sundance and I are ready, and it is making a difference in both of us. Let me spit this out before any of you explode, I have never seen Pat ride without spurs. You can express your opinions on this, but I will not promise I will answer to all of them. If you would like to debate on this topic, go to the Savvy Club Forum and look up the Spurs topic and you can open the can if you want! Here is Charlotte's opinion on spurs (exerted from SC Forum):










I am an advanced level 3 rider who uses spurs every day on almost every horse I ride. I feel my spurs are my phase 4 on my feet. I am playing with high level maneuvers and the precision spurs give me in articulating many different leg cues cannot be matched by a naked boot. Perhaps some of you have horses so sensitive that using a spur would be unnecessary or overkill, but on my confident left-brained partners I need the option of phase 4. I would not recommend spurs to riders without professional supervision. Spurs are an advanced tool when used well create - art. But riders without good education and instruction can do more to destroy their relationship than they can gain. My opinion is spurs are a wonderful advanced tool for precision riding, like a spade bit, but one that must be approached with care.










Couldn't have said it better! Great job Charlotte. I am so happy that Sundance and I are at a point to where our savvy and Finesse are good enough to use advanced tools. Everything is going magnificently between us two, I don't think Sundance and I have had a relationship as good as this before. I am very excited about our relationship because we are only in the beginning stages of Level 3, just think how good it will be at the end! Life is very good right now, I am able to afford and do things on my own that I have never been able to do. Hard work pays off, you just have to want it really bad. I have so much more to say, but leaving it here is the best decision. Words to part with? My life is exciting and getting better, and there is a bigger picture... I have just found more and more puzzle pieces to the whole picture and am picking up and putting more in place.

No comments: