Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Western Breeches? Hmmm...

You know Linda's breeches? The ones that make all women green with envy at her figure and how well she pulls them off? http://parellicollection.com/ under apparel, the perfect riding pants.

ACF333

Well, I have drooled over them the past 3 years or so and said to myself, I deserve some by now! I have enough money saved, I have everything else I need and this is for ME but will benefit Sundance and I and our performances. BUT I don't ride English because I do not have a fluidity, so I recalled hearing who makes her breeches and found them at http://equissentials.net.

Well, I'll be! They have the EXACT same kind of breeches Linda wears but in western! http://equissentials.net/icelandic.htm

They are a little more than the English breeches, $299 but the same thing and CUSTOM MEASURED! So they will fit my long legged slightly pudgy/muscular body perfectly with the custom measurements. The ladies called that were making them this morning about my inseam, they were worried it was too long, but I told them honest it's right! People don't believe my inseam most of the time. I am very excited about them, I really hope they work because I have the darnest time finding jeans for riding and if these work my life will be a lot easier and will be less self conscious. They look really professional too! I don't think jeans look as professional. I am just ready to get them in, it's about time. I am hoping they will be in by the beginning of next week, they are in New York so the shipping won't be far at all. I also think they are working on them right now because I was speaking with the seamstress about the inseam, so... *big smile* I just hope they look right and flatter me, on the ground and in the saddle. That's all I need!

I will update you all on the PK Varsity team practice I had at Charlotte's this past weekend when time allows.

4 comments:

Katie Oostman said...

Yay Breeches! Be sure to model them on Sundance! They are really beautiful and do look much more professional compared to jeans!

<3
Katie

Jen said...

Equissentials is great! They will take the leather off someday in the future when the fabric wears out and put the leather on a new pair of pants for you for about $100, so way cheaper than buying new! I love my Linda breeches and wear them even riding western, as I have a slick seat saddle. :) Of course I don't look like Linda, but as long as I stay put, that's the big deal, right!? :) Congrats on getting such a nice pair. Julie Goodnight also wears them in the western style!!
Jen

S said...

Hey Mariah! I have the western breeches and they are fantastic! You will love them! And the folks at Equissentials are incredibly nice and friendly to :-)
Enjoy them!!
Sandy

Unknown said...

Mariah, you will love them! I have the Western jods in the French terry (I think the Icelandics are heavier material) and I love the option of zipping them closed for more 'formal' riding, but unzipping for use with boots. Just sent an old pair in this morning so they can take the leather off and put it on a pair of the Western in the chocolate color. Hey, you'll have them for the Chetola show!

Ride on,
Stef