Thursday, December 11, 2008

Birthdays and Level 3 Plans

It's been very quite busy around here lately! I am very excited about my Level 3 progression, I was talking with a friend on the Savvy Club forum and told her my  plans that have come up for Level 3 and the Celebrations so far...

Yes, I will be assessing my Level 3 as soon as the new auditions come out in January. I have not started much Finesse yet, and can't get Sundance to jump 3 ft jumps yet.. so that's all that would hold us back.
I want to get my certificate showing I have officially passed online and liberty in Level 3 in January-February, because I know for a fact I can do that with Level 3/4 savvy and maybe even Freestyle... I think we are ready to tape freestyle through the auditions. I want to pass Finesse by June-July, and that would equal the green string = completed 4 savvies in Level 3. I want my green string in before Sundance and I go to the FL Celebration, so when we try out for the games they'll see a 17 year old with a green string! Wouldn't that be perfect? And so far, if the above goals go as planned it will only have taken 1 year for me in Level 3! I am so excited.

Can't tell I'm excited much, huh? I am very much, and I am excited for all my friends that are reading this that are living their dreams and have a great and savvy future ahead of them. I have met a handful of people that I know I will be meeting in Florida, and as an instructor and cannot wait to see how far we all will get with passive persistence.

My birthday is this Monday, but we are celebrating tomorrow (Friday). I have custom ordered the neatest savviest cake, and will post pictures. I will be 17 years old, I don't feel 17 but am not sure how you are supposed to feel at that age anyway!

We have a play day Saturday, with a Christmas theme... which is going to be very exciting.

I know all of you are wondering when I am going to release my website, I wish I could now but I don't want to tell anyone until I hear back from Pat's Attorney... Alain Martignier said he'd email me ASAP so it should be soon.

As for the babies, they are being amazing creatures! Sundance and Bebe come as soon as I call them or not, and Sundance neighs like the dickens when he sees me so I am ecstatic. They are progressing just well, and could progress faster but I haven't looked at the Steps lately so when I do they will shoot again.

 

Here is an email I sent Jesse Peters  (http://www.jesserpeters.com/)

Hello Jesse,

I have put this task off LONG enough! This is all I have left online and I want to get onto Finesse, I need to get this task behind me.(Positive attitude much? I know, I will have to have a positive attitude towards it with the horses, but I can show how I feel with you.)

Sundance and Bebe of course view the upright barrels as TOO high. How can I set it up successfully so they will not 'refuse'? How did you set it up for success for lynx? I personally am uneasy with jumping the upright barrels, but will bite the bullet and do it nonetheless...

I do believe I have jumped 3 feet once before.

How was the visit with the 'Parelli Elephants'? Not all Parelli Professionals get to do something like that you know!

Thank you!

Mariah Helms
Little Patch of Heaven Stables
Private Boarding & Riding Facility
704.233.4463 / 704.499.1019
Now offering affordable Private
lessons and Ground work classes
http://www.mariahpnhelms.blogspot.com/
PLEASE SEND ALL EMAILS TO MARIAHHELMS@HOTMAIL.COM.

I will post his response as I receive it.

Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

coc_parelli said...

Have a very Happy HAPPY Birthday Mariah!! :)

Alayna said...

Good luck with the plans, I know you will have the green string soon :-). I can't wait to hear the response to the vertical barrel question as I am curious as well.