Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Lakeland, FL Parelli Celebration

 

paper

Playing before show starts...

DSC_0001

Playing Friday night in preparation for Saturdays performance...

DSC_0012

DSC_0019

DSC_0023

DSC_0035

Waiting to Perform...

DSC_0058

Huddle time with Pat, Vinnie and Crew...

DSC_0070

Just waiting...

DSC_0075

My top students setting up for me, THANK YOU!...

DSC_0082

Let's PLAY...

Question Box

DSC_0090

Pedestal

DSC_0095

Sideways over cones in square...

DSC_0119

All four feet...

DSC_0127

The ultimate SQUEEZE game...

DSC_0132

Peek-a-boo!...

DSC_0133

DSC_0134

Finale...

DSC_0153

Note, Level 4 ribbon on back! Taking lesson on Focus and Rails with Pat...

DSC_0180

Hmm... licking and chewing!

DSC_0178

Playing with Reina, the Rescue horse...

DSC_0240

DSC_0215

Saying goodbye to Hannah and Kevin... (And yes, Kevin, see... You are jealous you cannot pull off that hat!)

Celebrationjourney030

Taking Reina to Pat's ranch...

DSC_0245

DSC_0246

DSC_0249

After this, we went to Pat's barn and dropped Reina off. I got some quality time with Pat, discussing our goals, which was very nice. We will be going back in a couple of weeks to pick up Reina, after they get done developing her farther and finishing what Pat started. We should stay a couple of days there, I look forward to learning more.

I  learned a lot about developing horses, organizing and progressing students by just being in Pat's barn. He does a lot of what we do here at Patch of Heaven Stables, and I am taking some of his habits and starting them here at the barn. I see a lot of progression going on here in North Carolina, and a lot of changes.

Once again my life has changed through a Parelli event, I was blessed enough to talk to some mentors that changed my view on a lot of things... including my view on myself. Life is not the same, and will never be the same! Two worlds collided, lives are being changed, and futures are brighter than ever before.

 

Here are some important points I learned this weekend...

Have fun!

Do simple things with excellence.

When you start to put yourself down, just STOP IT!

Breathe deeply and often.

Listen to the butterflies wings flap.

You are exactly where you need to be, you are perfect the way you are.

DO SIMPLE THINGS WITH EXCELLENCE!!!

There is a ton more, but I can't quite remember right now. I hope you soak them in, and learn from them, just as I did.

 

I enjoyed meeting everyone there, all of you were amazing! You spotlight-ers, well, you blew my socks of for SURE! And to Mr. Walter Zettl, you are a precious man, thank you for your kindness. Thanks dancing Pete for the dance, it was blast!!!! To all that made it possible, thank you! Everyone did a fantastic job of making this the best celebration ever. I am looking forward to next year!

XOXO

Mariah Helms

4 comments:

Erica said...

Congrats on such a great time! I'm confused, though, did you buy Reina? Because how did you take her to Pat's ranch?

The Alway Family said...

Yes, we got Reina, Pat is finishing what he started in her then we are taking her back home in a week or so, we will pick her up at the ranch.

Anonymous said...

Wow, Mariah, looks like you had a lot of fun at the celebration! Well done! Was your spotlight filmed? If so, are you going to post the video so that we can enjoy it too? :)
It's so good that you decided to take Reina home with you too. What a lucky horse!
all the best for the future,
Sophie x

Priscilla said...

I'm so happy for you! You got a level 4 ribbon? Did I hear that right? :)

What breed of horse is Reina? What level of Parelli?

Good job putting up a lot of pictures!