Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Healthy Stride Courses and Reina's Progress

I will be leaving for Florida on January 31, 2010 to start my course with Jim Crew along with my farrier Fred Cloninger for 5 days, February 1-5, 2010. We will be right beside Pat's barn, Walter Zettl is scheduled to be there too, and I will be right beside Pat's dressage arena. So hopefully I will get a peek of the master in action with the externs, interns and proteges... maybe even Pat and Linda themselves! How neat!

Pat wanted to spend some time with us, on Saturday the 6th, so I could spend some time with Reina and see what he had been doing with her the past couple months. I am concerned about introducing her into our herd when she gets home, as I have limited pasture space (at least for doing correct introductions!) and lots of horses. So hopefully Pat will help me figure out the best way to get her started here at Patch of Heaven Stables. It will be nice to also see exactly where she is, so Christian and I can pick up where they left off with her. I look forward to learning from her, I think she will be a wonderful teacher.

I don't think I have been so busy or tired in my life! I am finishing up high school, teaching, teaching, teaching! Feeding, working out.... then doing more school! I am hoping it will slow down soon, as I am not getting a lot of time to play with Sundance and Bebe. I'd like to progress a lot more, but haven't had the time. Maybe on Wednesday as I only have one client, then I have clients all day Thursday and Friday back to back! Oh, I will find a way... there's more than one way to skin a cat, right?

Fred Cloninger, my Healthy Stride farrier, will be coming this Saturday at 10:00 am to spend a day teaching me with the ponies. I am excited, I love it when he comes to teach... what a blessing. I will try my best to get pictures of this Saturday, and me in Florida that next week.

Well, that's all for now, folks! Until next time...

1 comment:

Priscilla said...

So... Does Christian want to be an instructor too? He's your little bro, right?