Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Beauty in the Making

March 25, 2008-
Doc's Session
I have started to play and work with our 18hh 15 year old black percheron gelding. We bought him in the amish country of Ohio last august and he looked bad, he was drastically underweight, hair was chopped off and needed lots of TLC. Now he has gained his weight back, grown his mane full, and his coat is a beautiful black sheet of silk, he truly describes the term of gentle giant. He is an absolute sweetheart, I am working with level one stuff. Just the basics and he is catching on very quickly, he is very smart. I am classifying him as a left brained extrovert, he is very confident but he is curious about things at the same time. I'd say he is a little bored here because he was used to working hard every single day pulling carriages and other things, but now he has nothing to do excecpt the times I work with him, I guess it's a good thing becasuse he really wants something to do so he will ask questions and try his best when you work with him. In the picture above is Doc the big boy and then Bebe, Doc is 18hh so how big do you think Bebe is?
Doc has a very bright future here! :) He will make a great riding horse no doubt.

Sundance's Session
Sundance and I played with impulsion today, he was oddly over impulsive which is a good thing compared to the way he was. We played in our new play area and in the end almost got a nice slow trot all the way around, but then it got too dark. I really enjoyed Sundance today, he was very fun to be around and was willing to please. I am loving the progress in our relationship, I can't wait to see what we do next. Goodness, I just had SO much fun, I can't get over him. :)




xoxo m

No comments: