Monday, April 14, 2008

April 13, 2008- Motivational Confidence


Sundance- Figure 8 Preparation
Sundance and I played with the Shoulder Game & Stick 2 Me for motivation before we did our figure eights. I extended the barrels to the 50 foot marker and let him do it on the ground first, then I hopped on bareback and we trotted around the barrels for a while. He didn't need much motivation to trot, he wanted to do his rocking horse canter a few times. He was not squirreley or over impulsive or anything, he just felt I was asking for a canter. By the end he did the figure eights with out me trying to motivate him and only correcting him twice. I was very happy, by then it was very windy and dark so we went to the barn so I could feed him and play with Bebe.

Bebe- Motivational Confidence
Even though it was very stormy Bebe was confident and willing, what a surprise! We got to move on with 'our' journey. We stayed out and played in and near the shed just in case it started to rain, started out with the friendly game just because I get time to read him a while and see how he is feeling about everything. Then we did some sideways then did it over some buckets and feed pans, he seemed confident so I started with the circling game. He didn't get right brained or anything, so I asked him to play a little with the trot... No confidence issues there! I started to play with trot departures and change of directions at the trot, very soon he was making really snappy (quite dominant) trot departures and change of direction. I was very excited and proud of him, what a great step forward! I treated him to a scoop of sweet feed and a cup of corn oil for being such a good boy. I love what I do! I love Parelli! I love my life! Thank you God!

xoxo

No comments: