Wednesday, April 16, 2008

April 14 & 15- Unimaginable Success

Sundance (both days) Stretching Out

Day One- We played with our figure eights online then did it bareback, he did very well. One thing I found very interesting was that when I let him go in larger circles he would start to put his head down lower and start to stretch out, it sure felt good and made me smile.
Day Two- We did the same exact thing as we did yesterday, except I started to circle the barrels two times. He wasn't 100% for it at first but he came along nicely later on. I am learning how to control my emotions more with the horses, getting mad just makes everything worse!







Bebe (both days) Unimaginable Success

Day One-We played with our sideways and circling game, he was confident enough again to play! I got some great trot departures and change of direction, very snappy ones too! He even squealed once! I decided to hop on him and see how he was doing sideways with a person on him, he did pretty well. We also played with his speedy back up, it was fun synchronizing and playing with his feet! He is such a fun horse to ride, I can't wait to start to strengthen his top line and get him to stop pulling with his forequarters. He even pulls with his forequarters at a walk, watch his movement in this video closely and you will see how much he pulls with his forequarters...

Day Two- We only played with the circling game today, but we had so much excitment!
HE DID AWESOME! I could get a walk departure, a trot departure AND a CANTER departure with just a point of a finger and change of energy in my body. His downward transitions and change of direction were great too! He is so smart, we just needed to get past his fear issues in order for him to be the best he can be.

xoxo

No comments: