Thursday, April 10, 2008

April 9, 2008

Sundance
Yeehaw! We retook 2 of our tasks for level 2 and he did AWESOME!
We are going to retake our liberty task Friday, I will be practicing today at my friends house in their pen. We did play with our liberty in our larger pen and Sundance was very enthused and fun, the taping will go great tomorrow.

Bebe
Yesterday was an How Interesting day! Great for my emotional fitness and problem solving skills. Here is a sheet I created for me, I like to do this to help me with my next session...

Bebe's Right Brained Analysis
What did he do in the session that was right brained?
I asked him to do something like walk with me at liberty and he ran around about 3-5 circles with head and tail up, then came in and stood by me and liked his lips for a couple of minutes and did all of this two times. (All the while I was just standing there in a neutral position with very low energy.) He has never done this before, I had done nothing that I know of that would have made him frightened. I am guessing I could have come on too strong by not doing some things online before I did anything at liberty, the lawn mower was also going so that could have caused some right brained behavior.
Solution: Make sure I do some puzzle solving; slow games that make him feel confident online before I go and do something at liberty.

Sometimes when I ask him to trot or canter he goes into a right brained state.
Solution:Do as above, prepare him. If he starts to get right brained do some backing and sideways to get his brain working.

If he walks around me he will keep on asking and asking questions and if I redirect him and ask him to keep on walking he goes slightly right brained.
Solution:Don’t let him sneak up on you; every time he asks this question ask him to change direction and maybe he will get tired of changing direction.

At the end of the session I would ask him to go from a walk to a trot and I would eventually have to use a phase 4 to ask him to walk, then he perks his ears up asking questions like I popped out of know where.
Solution: He will most likely be in the right brained state when displaying this behavior; do not let him get in this state in the first place.

I have a packed rest of the day so I can't get into too much detail!

Hope you enjoyed! xoxo

No comments: