Sunday, May 25, 2008

Point to Point - Motivation for a Left Brained Introvert

I had been a little bit discouraged about this task the past couple of days because of Sundance's negativity towards backing and no motivation at all. I tried the rest when he went all the way back and rest when he came back to me, but did not give the results needed. My father bought home 2 big orange traffic cones from a construction site that left them there, and haven't taken them up after about a month, and gave them to me. (What Father would think 2 traffic cones could make his teenage daughter so happy?) I started to play point to point with Sundance online just to get him happy for the session, he loves rest and he absolutely loves to paw at things.

So I thought I could find a way to associate these cones into our Advancing Game 4 with the 45 ft line and maybe get him motivated about it and not show such hatred for it, well it WORKED!

I separated the cones about 50 ft apart, I stood at one and I did point to point with the Yo-yo game, every time he got to a cone I let him sit there, rest and paw all he wanted. Ears up and walking faster to me each time, I can't wait for our next session!



Rest and Paw




Come to Mariah

Do I see ears up or am I just hallucinating?




Paw and rest again

(Repeat)









No comments: