Wednesday, June 18, 2008

June 17, 2008 - Fun, fun and more fun

Sundance

Impulsion and Keeping it Interesting

I decided to keep yesterdays session short and sweet. We played with 2 things, preparation for advanced sideways and advancing the squeeze game! His prep for adv. sideways is really good, getting so much better. Then his adv. sqz. game was A LOT better today, I think he has gotten a hang of the pattern and is not getting it confused with other games, I also learnt that having a real clear send is important, and letting him think a little and move on as soon as he is done (so will allow no time for planning evil things on his part, NEVER let a left brained horse get bored because they have very evil thoughts)

Bebe

Hill Therapy, Going faster and Nice Ride
First Bebe and I played point to point with the driving game, getting his nose on something and helping him think. Then we focused on his problem task, faster sideways. He did REALLY good this time, and I am sure it will just get better and better! Then we played with cantering in a small circle, GREAT! Especially compared to him not being able to maintain the canter for 5 seconds on the 22 foot line like he used to. Hill therapy has worked miracles for us, we did our last session too! It went very well. Afterwards now that I am allowed to ride Bebe, we took our first ride after six weeks of Hill Therapy in the Natural Peformer, I could actually get him into a rocking horse canter, before hill therapy I don't think it was physically possible! I am so excited for him, and our journey.

No comments: