Tuesday, July 8, 2008

July 7, 2008 - The New and the Naughty, Back Home.

Beautiful Breezers, poking out to say "Hay!"


Sundance, the Naughty



Sundance was actually quite a good boy today, but as always he is naughty and that will never change. It's a great attribute to his 'Fabio'ness, makes him all together a perfect creature called Sundance. I got home from 'vacation' (so called) yesterday around 9 am and went straight to the barn, to see beautiful bright faces showing their expression of happiness that mother is home. I went out and played with Sundance on the 45 ft and 22 ft line, with the plan of Free Willing. His backing was great, cantering for a while on the 45 ft wasn't his favorite task. I attached the 22 ft line and did some zone 5 driving, that was FUN and it sure got him thinking quite a bit too, I think he liked it because he was trying so hard to do what mommy asked. I had to go in and get ready for a 2 hour lesson to teach, had fun with my student, she's great, all of them are. Afterwards we played with his bowing, to my surprise when I went to go to him to ask for the bow he started to paw like a mad man and went down by himself and begged for his treat. You know me, I stashed out the loot. Now he is totally begging me to ask him to bow, now I can just cluck and stand beside him and he will bow all the way down. The coolest thing is is that he is actually 'thinking' down, because he is pawing a boat load when he wants to bow. He should be easy to teach to lay down, if we do this long enough I bet he will eventually just lay down on his own. I am just going to be patient. Sadly, I did not get to play with Bebe yesterday because by the time I got back from helping my dad it was dark. Oh poo, I will get to play with him today though. I expect to have a great lesson!


Positive expectations = positive results



Negative expectations = Negative results








No comments: