Thursday, July 3, 2008

Whoa, push the PAUSE button then REWIND, then PLAY back in slow motion please!

More pictures from the first SCSC Play Day

Wow, it is amazing. Yes, I know my horses are amazingly good looking but I was referring to how fast the days go by. (Ha ha) The last time I blogged it was JUNE 31st, now it is JULY 3rd! So that is too many days I have not kept everyone posted, my bad! Sorry about that! I will give you a briefly put update on my life.

  • I have 2 new students.
  • I am at the beach.
  • I am getting prepared to hopefully appear in the savvy team next year at a tour stop.
  • Had the cutest guy in the world watch me teach a student (I didn't just say that.)
  • Sundance is learning the steps on how to lay down and do a Spanish walk.
  • Going to help at a Parelli Kids camp next week.
  • Getting prepared for another SCSC Play day on July 19, 2008.
  • Soaking up the Parelli Liberty and Horse behaviour kit like a sponge at any chance.

Think I am busy? No not too busy, just enjoying the life of a future Parelli Instructor, that's all!

Contrary to belief (on my part!) I have been playing with the horses the past couple days and with great success! I will skin it down to the most important factors.

  • I found that Sundance hates circles (again) but if I am fun, provocative and savvy enough he can enjoy them.
  • It's not about the gate... trailer... task... getting water... etc.
  • Humans are direct line thinkers, horses are not.
  • Left brained horses are not ALL confident, some are unconfident yet still left brained. (Everyone say, "Hmmmmm!")
  • Sundance is a Moderate Left Brained Introvert and will die for food.
  • Nita Jo Rush is a great Parelli Instructor.
  • Being savvy in every situation, no matter what is the most important thing you can do.
  • I am no longer nervous when someone watches me teach.
  • Be a fun, exciting, unpredictable instructor.
  • Never bore your horse, use consistency.
  • You can never receive too many kisses from your horse, even if he is being a suck up.
  • Never give up, there is always a light at the end of a tunnel... and usually a reward.
  • Do the right thing, it might not be easy now... but will make things a lot easier later.
  • Compassion goes a long way.

I think that is about it, that is everything I learned the past 2/3 days. Hope you enjoyed, I know I did.

No comments: