Friday, August 29, 2008

Great Online / Liberty Session & Much More!

Wowee! I've been as busy as a bee with home schooling starting the past two days, and didn't get to play with the horses (which absolutely KILLS me!). But got back on track thankfully, and had an awesome time. I took some Parelli Patterns pictures to those of you who are interesting in learning about them and possibly purchasing. There are 4 Savvies - Online, Liberty Freestyle and Finesse. Each box contains one of these savvies in 4 levels - Level 1, 2, 3 & 4. There are 4 parts to each box... (For you Fran!)





Whole kit includes -







































Patterns DVD - Watch Pat perform and explain all patterns within the savvy at every level with his super horses







































Patterns Coffee Table Book - Offering Inspiration






































Patterns Pattern Booklet - Patterns through Levels 1-4in convenient pocket size to bring to the barn.






































Patterns Success Chart - Check off every pattern you complete and watch yourself succeed
























This program is truly 'Imagination in a Box', this will really help Bebe become more confident and obedient and Sundance more motivated, interested and smart. I had two 2 hour lessons back to back this afternoon right after school, so Bebe got his exercise so I didn't play with him. Didn't have time anyway! I just got in and it's 8:30 PM. I did get to ride Starsky, our little rescue horse that has made a full 360*. He was severely abused in the saddle so he still struggles a little bit with being defensive in the bareback pad, but once he understands that I am trying to teach him something (NOT force him into something) he brightens up and says "Oh! That's what you want! Let me do it a few times for you with out you even having to ask me!" He really is a sweet, compassionate individual inside, he just really has to fight that defensiveness that he once had to use for survival before. I am VERY excited for him, he is an amazing individual and I get to erase the emotional wounds and give him the future he is begging me for. Sundance and I had a great session this afternoon! First we started off on the 12 foot line and played with putting his feet on weird things, then we played with prep for downward transitions at liberty (awesome), then we played the cutting game with each other (HARD CORE!) and cantered on the ground together (first time) to the arena, we went in and had him jump one barrel 2 times and cut a little more, then put our feet on more things, then (with music on) worked on our spanish walk, close contact trot mirroring each other and something else. I felt like I was at a tour stop on the savvy team with the music on doing amazing things together online and at liberty, I really hope I will be able to do that next year at a tour stop. It's a dream, but I am planning on it being reality. I am also preparing for my Parelli demo at Chetola Farms at their breed show, which is so exciting! I asked Sundance to canter and he did 12 LAPS around me, at CLOSE contact! I was so happy! And of course spilled the treats out of my pockets, I had him bow and cantered back to the barn together. Another CHECK on my stage 2 booklet, I think we are all the way 100% done with booklet 2! Oh, I have more news! I am excited about this too, might be silly but not for me (The women will understand). I had some moccasins ( I am part cherokee and a very natural person, you'd imagine) when I was five and grew out of them, and could never find any more in my size. I went on http://moccasinshop.com/ and found men's moccasins, I can't shop in women's because I'm a size 12 and no one has that size! (Why?) And I finally found some, in my size that happen to be in fashion and totally natural and should be here Monday.And they are made for outside use, so if I go some where I can ride in them which goes very well with my little Indian pony. I got the brown ones...


I also ordered 2 new Parelli shirts that I am excited about, their the green and black shirts shown below. These shirts inspired the logos I created for POHS and SCSC.

1 comment:

Katie Oostman said...

Wow! Full day, no? I started homeschooling this week, but next week is when it will get CRAZY! I will only get to see Apollo on Monday's and Saturday's (until I get my liscense). Also understand about the big feet thing lol. Love the mocasins! I have one indian woman on my mom's side. Noone recorded her in the geneology, but we know she was there. The only thing iss we don't know where she came from and stuff. I LOVE Native American stuff and cannot wait till I find a recipe for paint (watch out Summer, I am going to paint you!). I have a book that tells you what all the symbols mean too! Is cool! :D