Monday, August 25, 2008

New! Patch of Heaven Stables Logo - Added Parelli Patterns Notes



I created a Logo yesterday for my stables, Patch of Heaven Stables





Live your Dream!






What do you think? It's still kind of in the planning stage.

Visit my friends blog to see what's up! http://katiehufton.blogspot.com/ I am pretty excited, and really hope it works out.

I got my first vehicle a couple of days ago! It's for my 17th Birthday, it's early because it isn't until December 15th. I think it's a Dodge Ram 2004 Red (The barn color) 150 ST with a Hemi engine. It has more go than whoa and is very light, soft and supple! I will post pictures soon, but here is kind of what it looks like. http://www.seriouswheels.com/cars/top-2004-Dodge-Ram-SRT-10.htm and of course Parelli is going to be all over it as soon as it comes from Fed-ex. I bought tons of stuff for the truck from Parelli Collection! It should come in Friday.

I've had some REALLY good sessions with Sundance and Bebe, can't wait to blog about them!

Check out the new POH Shirt! Feel free to order and support...

http://www.zazzle.com/patch_of_heaven_stables_savvy_shirt-235832397687585326

Parelli Patterns Notes

  • Ambition is my strong suit, and my ambition can get in the way.
  • Don't over progress, don't over do it with your horse. (Ahem, Mariah! Poor Bebe)
  • Positive, Progressive and Natural
  • Be positive, expect a lot, except a little and reward often.
  • Feel of (See where to horse is and start there) feel with (Do what the horse does and do what the horse needs) feel for (Mirror for them, show them what you want them to do)
  • Don't just do something! Stand there. Spend time between tasks to let things soak in.
  • You can reward a horse by just standing and resting there.
  • Imagination is even more valuable than knowledge - Einstein
  • You want the horse to be consistent, your job is to add variety
  • Horses are sceptics, cowards, claustrophobics, panicaholics by nature. We want our horses to be curious instead of sceptical, confident instead of cowardly and respond instead of react.
  • We want our horses to be calm, smart, brave and athletic
  • Foundation before specialization
  • A collected horse is calm, smart, brave and athletic.
  • Mind, Flexion, Weight, Feet = Process of understanding and execution in the horse


5 comments:

Fran said...

Nice logo Mariah...I think I know who inspired it...;)

Katie Oostman said...

I love love love your truck! Happy early b-day! Also I love the logo it is very pretty! Have a fun day!

Katie

Katie Oostman said...

P.s. love the shirt!!

The Alway Family said...

Fran - XOXO! Will call soon!

TNX Katie! Wanna order one? ;)

Priscilla said...

I love the shirt! Cute, adorable little truck!! AAWWW!!!