Sunday, August 31, 2008

To Purchase Portrait or to Purchase Her Not? Some one better! - Added Progress with Sundance

Gorgeous Portrait was mesmerizing, but a little too advanced for my student right now. It would be nice to have lil' P over here but she's not the one for her, I will be able to see lil' P a lot anyway. We think "Dabba", Charlotte's gorgeous LBI sorrel quarter horse mare that seems perfect for her and would help her confidence rise and help her excel as a learner instead of being a challenge. I am excited for my most dedicated student, she is doing great and tries very hard! She deserves a horse of her own. Yesterday I played with Bebe in trying to help him get a little more confident and comfortable with being way out on the scary 45 foot line, I noticed in the past two sessions that if I wiggle the rope while it lags behind him in the tall grass it freaks him a little bit. He soon got used too it and then the terrible horse flies got after him, it was HILARIOUS! One horse fly got after him, then he started a big RB canter. He was cantering around with the horse fly CHASING him around in circles, then ANOTHER horse fly joined in and Bebe blasted out in a panic gallop. It's mean to laugh but it was SO dern funny! I couldn't help my self, it was no use interrupting the pattern because he had already gone there so I decided to let him sort it out himself. I stood there for about three minutes, very glad I was using the 45 foot line. He decided to come back in, as I ignored him as he came behind me and acted surprised he was there... like I didn't even know he was there. That little stinker goes from RB to LB in a millisecond! I LOVE HIM, he is so good for me. He calmed down, the little sweetheart and I figured out that I could send him out and he would walk forward (single line driving) all the way out to the end of the line, then I would send him out so it would be his idea, which is great! He tries really hard, EVERY single time I asked him in yesterday he came in trotting to me with and eager ears up face. And it was NOT RB! Later in the afternoon I went and did some bareback and bridless riding with Sundance, which went amazingly. He did so well it really surprised me! Our forequarter turns have gotten so well he is doing that really fast twirl that reiners do, which I want his job to be when I finish Level 3! So he is well on his way as a reiner. His canter is beautiful and got into a 6ft diameter and cantered real slow... felt amazing. So the bareback and bridless is ready to move onto stage 3, which I think we already can do. Let me check real quick, got the booklet here... YES! We already can do these tasks. I am so excited! I will be doing a bareback and bridless demo at the breed show on October 12, so I am very excited and ready to do that demo. That's a couple months away, so we will be able to do even more amazing jaw-dropping things by then! Because we will have improved much much more.

2 comments:

Katie Oostman said...

So are you working with Portrait or buying her? I hope you student finds the horse of her dreams, she sounds like she deserves it.
Katie

Katie Oostman said...

Oh, nevermind! I just re-read it and got it, sorry!