Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Jesse Peter's Response - Updated with Bebe's Horsenality Chart as of Sept. 24, 2008

Jesse responded today to my email, I am very satisfied with his emails and love getting his opinion on everything I do. I am really looking forward to having a 3 hour private lesson with him in October, I think with both of our brains storming and his creativity and knowledge we will get some amazing things done.



Hello Mariah,



It sounds like you have done a great job assessing your situation and you are doing a fabulous job reading your horses. Well done! Just remember that Slow and right always beats Fast and Tight ( or Fast and wrong).



It sounds like your horse is a Left brained horse that is bracing against your leadership and requests. Usually when a LB horse makes a dominant squeal they are saying NO! Sometimes we are making our requests faster than the horse is ready to process the request. Maybe try asking for your transition slower and just melt your transitions so that you are Matching your horse and only adding 4 ounces. A LB horse on adrenaline is out there running around and they are NOT looking for a leader. So then one possible arrow is that we need to try to speed them up faster than they really want to go (maybe 10-20 laps until they make a change). Then when the horse checks in with you….you can slow them down and let your horse process what just happened but have them do it way out there on the circle as they stand still. This will help them find the release of pressure out there on the circle!



The Parelli Formula is 1. Rapport 2. Respect 3. Impulsion 4. Flexion. We teach it in that order as we progress through level 4. When something is broke we fix it backward through the formula until the problem is solved.



Take your time…You are on the right track. Make the right thing easy and the wrong thing difficult. But don’t make the wrong thing Wrong!



Naturally,



Jesse Peters



Parelli Natural Horse-Man-Ship Licensed Professional



2 Star Instructor Trainee



Success Pathways Elite Coach



http://www.blogger.com/www.jesseRpeters.com



http://www.blogger.com/jesse@jesseRpeters.com



(513) 659-8339



Parelli Natural Horse-man-ship...."Way More Than Riding!"



If you reply to this message PLEASE leave the e-mail message I sent you attached.





New Release: Parelli Patterns! Buy it today and support Jesse by clicking on the "Shop" button on his Home Page! Thanks :)



I've never really thought of Bebe as a LB dominant horse, well never at me but now I am realizing he is! He squeals, and nips and sometimes bucks for fun... what a naughty LBE and LOTS of fun. Loves to paw and chew things 24/7, and play is his favorite! Very fun horse, I have to update this post with the liberty session's we've done the past 2 days... you'll love it. I will also be updating his horsenality chart, he's been so hard to assess! I think I really have finally figured out his horsenality, even though it changes a lot in different situations.

Here is his new Horsenality chart...

I think I've got it right this time, I sure hope so because this Bebe sure has been fun!


2 comments:

Katie Oostman said...

Ahhhh! We finally figured it out, yes? I certainly hope so! I've got to do Apollo's agin, he keeps changing!

<3
Katie

Jeanne said...

Oh, wow. Well, I was way off! :-) Which actually explains a LOT in regards to my own horse, LOL!

Jesse is awesome. We're riding in an upcoming L2 clinic with him in two weeks. I can hardly wait!

About horseanality charts in different situations: at the last clinic, Jesse suggested doing a chart for every savvy, for saddled/unsaddled, riding or on the ground--because it's amazing how different they can be in various situations.