Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Yeah, I know...

I haven't been posting a lot. Because lots has been going on! What's up with Fabio? Well, Stage 4 is coming along nicely. He went through 2 days of the 'I hate you' mood, but it was probably my fault but very happily is fixed and have had a great session yesterday and today. We've been working on making sure we are ready for the demo we are doing with the Parelli Kids this weekend, one of the tasks we do is the 7 games to a song with 30 seconds to each game. To say the least, at the last practice I looked like giraffe trying to ride unicycle and Sundance looked like he had horns coming out of his head... It was fun having the feel of being ungraceful with a comedic touch! We looked and felt silly, but at least we were having fun. Now we have choreographed the 7 games in 30 second segments and look quite savvy and organized, Fabs likes it a lot too because it was a fun little puzzle so I have his cooperation 100% which is great. It's so much fun! We also have done some Finesse in the halter and bareback pad which is probably one of my favorites right now, it is SO much fun and Fabs likes it too because we haven't done it in a while.  We have to work on our Finesse and speeds within the gaits because of the patterns with have to do close contact with 12+ people and horses, that are mostly pleasure horses that move at the speed of a slug.  Sundance is learning to be a motivated bright slug, which is tons of fun. Here is a Parelli Kids video that shows some of the songs we will be performing to:

Where? http://www.chetolafarm.com/ When? Sunday Oct.12, 2008 at 2pm

The past few days I have been working on my own official website, here is a sneek-peek...

untitled

Bebe is doing better and is very willing, we just have to fix the druthers.

Oh, you'll love this... Bebe will now lay down on command! Will tell later. (Ha ha)

6 comments:

S said...

You guys look really good Mariah! I hope you are able to video the demo itself - I would love to see it!
What was the first song played on the video? Just curious :-)

Your new website looks like its going ot be super fancy to!
:-)
Sandy

The Alway Family said...

I well get someone to video demo, I absolutley have to have a video of it! Um.. I think it's "Me and My Gang" by Rascal Flatts - We ride to it, and the horses dance!

Thanks!

XOXO

Mariah

Katie Oostman said...

*drools over web page* Oh man Mariah! You are making SO much progress! I am so happy for you!
Happy Horsemanship!

Katie

Eden said...

Mariah-
Everything looks so good! Especially your new website... can't wait to look at it. Haha, you will definitely have to tape the demo so that we can all see it. Great job, can't wait to hear about Bebe's new trick. Lol

Alayna said...

The website looks really nice. Keep up the good work.

Alayna said...

The website looks really nice; keep up the good work.