Saturday, May 30, 2009

Time Ticks By...

How many hours have you put into your horses relationship? I will do my time with Sundance first...

Sundance on My Partner

I have spent usually at least 30 minutes or more with him a day, and we have been together since 2006. There are 365 days in a year, and it has been about 4 years... so 360 days X 4 years then times 30 at least - 43,800 minutes, divide that by 60 - 730 hours - then add demos, play days, lessons etc. probably about 1,000 hours.

 

Your turn! I would love to hear how many hours you have put in, along with your story.

3 comments:

Katie Oostman said...

I'll let you know.... :) I miss hearing what you are accomplishing with Bebe and Sundance! I do love you ideas and thought provoking posts! But please give us updates on your personal journey too! :) <3
Savvy on!
Katie

Hannah said...

whew lots of time! 2,500 hours that I have done with blaze :O

Anonymous said...

Hi Mariah!
I love your pictures of Sundance! He is such a gorgeous horse!! I love his mane! do you usually keep it in braids? One of our horses has a long mane like that and its a lot of work if its not always braided! lol I am trying to grow my horse's mane long.... but he has a reeeeaaallly thick mane with very fine hairs, so it can be hard to manage. :P

Wow, I calculated the time I have spent with my horse in the last year, since I have started Parelli with my horse. I spend at the very LEAST 2 hours a day with him when I have school and more during the summer. And we go on a 30 day vacation every year.... so 2X 365-30= 670 hours at the very least in the last year! :D
I have had my horse for 2 years, but, I didn't spend quite as much time with him before I started Parelli, so I don't know how to calculate that. :)

-Nicole