Monday, December 27, 2010

Awaken the Giant Within, a Morning with Tony

This morning I looked at the clock, it's 8:30 am! Yikes, I better get ready! As I rise, the smell of warm cooked bacon sneaks into my room, beckoning me to come and enjoy the morning meal. I rush and get ready, putting on some pretty riding jeans and a warm flannel shirt given to me by family on christmas, everytime I put on clothing or jewelry given to me by friends and family, I say I am putting on their love. I have my grandmothers, mothers, fathers and aunts love wrapped around my body today! I pass my door and see a book, but the bacon beckons!

I do not give into my flesh, but into my curiosity! I sit down on my bed beside my window covered in beautiful bright white snow and call my Australian Shepherd, Heidi to come sit by me and learn with me. So I read, Awaken the Giant Within by Anthony Robbins, I am about on page 50 by now on this giant book! My head swims from all the words I am going to have to read between now and the time I need to leave, how am I ever going to get it all done? Today, Tony talked to me about failure. One of my favorite topics to read about, NOT sarcastically speaking. If you take a look at my website, you will see an article on failure and how failure really isn't a bad thing at all. But during my fast track I did not grasp that concept well, I wasn't allowed to fail! I had to be perfect, you know how it goes. So Tony keeps on talking about failure, blah, blah, blah.

I have a few light bulbs, a few BFO's (blinding flashes of the obvious) and then come to this quote, "Remember: Success truly is the result of good judgement. Good judgement is the result of experience, and experience is often the result of bad judgement!" I tilted my head sideways and look at Heidi with a puzzling face, she does the same. "Well, Mariah" I say to myself, "I guess I'm gonna mess up, I guess I will make a fool of myself during my externship. But that's okay! It happens and that's how I will grow" I was thinking to myself later on as I was putting on my snow boots, as to how much I laugh at myself. I'd be in big trouble if I didn't know how to laugh at myself when I make mistakes or boo boo's and move on with my life. Maybe I should laugh at myself a little more? Heidi and I jumped off the bed and ran down the stairs in a race to see if there was any bacon left! There was.

No comments: