Monday, January 17, 2011

Externship - DAY 1 - Rain is a Good Thing

Sarah and I woke up at a very rainy 5:30 am, got dressed and were the firsts to take care of our wet hungry little ponies! Breakfast is from 7:00 to 8:00 am across the road at the Lodge at the main campus. We would have met at the Intern tack room at the Foundation station if it had not rained, so today we met at the Classroom at 8:30 am. Berin went through the days schedule, guidelines and logistics. We were involuntarily thrown onto the stage, each and every extern and intern for 3 minutes talking about their past, present, future and a non-horse related fact about yourself. It helped very much with getting a feel for the people we will be with for the next 3 months! I volunteered to go first even though I knew I would be nervous, I am going to try to be the first to volunteer for everything just to try to be more involved. After that Berin had us all share our 5 different ways to play the Name Game, after going through the whole class and laughing our heads along with some funny thoughts and concepts, we came up with 81 different ways to play it! I ended up getting picked since I was at the front and one of the tallest, pretty neat handwriting too! ha ha! ;-) It took us about an hour, but it was so much fun but it seemed everyone for the rest of the day was much closer and I was less nervous around the whole group. We broke for lunch to the Lodge that is scheduled every day from 1:00 to 2:00 pm then... (rest of post in next seperate posting)

----------
Sent from my Verizon Wireless mobile phone

No comments: