Friday, April 1, 2011

Externship - DAY 72 - Soccer, Drill Practice, Pat's Book Review, and Haying with Nate Bowers

We all woke up a little slower today, I came outside and no one was there! I think we all were just a tad slow waking up. We then had a great soccer scrimmage! It's a great way to start a day with a fresh clean slate. We met with Berin to talk about the day ahead and catch some laughs, then had personal horsemanship time in which we walked on foot, to get our patterns well established in our head before we ask our horses to do it themselves. We had the opportunity to work on our personal horsemanship where I played with respect in freestyle with patterns and then calmness and thinking "back" in the liberty pen. We met with Berin at 11:00 am in the student lounge to go over some topics in Pat Parelli's natural horsemanship book and then came back across the road to hop on our horses and walk the drill pattern we had set out. We all moseyed our way to lunch, to fill our hungry tummies!

Group B, which I am in had our hay rotation with Nate Bowers! So we all laughed, joked, ran, cut, sneezed and hayed with Nate, Luna, Pick, Thunder and Lightning. Afterwards we unhitched the team, took the gear off and sent them back to their pastures. I am back at the lounge updating the blog for you and then getting some dinner! I am hoping to play with patterns with Sundance after dinner then getting to bed early to regenerate so I can be bright eyed and bushy tailed for our last week ahead. I am very excited about all we have ahead of us, we are truly blessed. Wish us luck please! Looking forward to yet another day with you tomorrow...

1 comment:

Lisa R said...

Mariah it is great to hear about all the fun things you are doing while in Parelli land! Can't wait to hear all about it when you get home. I can't believe you are to your last week already. I bet it has just flown by!