Friday, September 5, 2008

Hurricane Hanna - Forcing me Inside

Title says all, tell Hanna thank you because you get an extra post today. The funny thing is, my first name is Hanna! So I am making myself stay inside. The Savvy Conference in Colorado is going on now as I speak, what a bitter sweetness. I sit here and look at the rain, as the savvy conference goes on. It is supposed to be raining there too, what irony. I bet all my friends including Ginger, Sue, Stef, Fran, Misty, Charlotte, Parelli Instructors and many others are having a ball listening  to Pat & Linda in Colorado. But that's okay, I will be going next year. I am enjoying catching up on my emails, making plans for all the parelli events coming up and enjoying family time. I am looking out my school window, I can see the horses sleeping under the tin roof of the shed listening to the rain caressing them to sleep overhead. It really is beautiful, peaceful and calming. I love the sound of the rain hitting the tin roof of the barn, I could just sit out there forever and listen with the horses beside me. Listening to them breathe in and out... smelling the wonderful scent of their fur and looking at the natural beauty around me. Sounds relaxing huh? It is. Well, I guess I should talk about what I did yesterday with the babies! Well, I just did some liberty outside with Bebe. He is such a sweet heart! We didn't do much since we did a lot on the 45 foot line the day before. Sundance and I worked on his bow with treats, he is starting to offer to stay down longer so he gets more treats. I say why not? Why not take it up another notch. I hooked on the 45 foot line and we worked on cutting each other like cows, which he now enjoys! It is getting a lot better, and made him appreciate the lower key liberty preparation we did afterwards. We played on the 12 foot line in the liberty arena, we played with our walk which was really good and close just like at liberty. We went into the trot, which was a nice close shuffle and played with change of direction at both gaits and stayed really close. Was VERY nice, fluid and savvy. The best thing is he offered for the very first time, a really really slow lope around me at about a 4-6 foot diameter for about 3 laps with EXTREME slack in the line like it wasn't even there. It was AWESOME! That was the end of the lesson, I mean when he offers something this 'with me', this savvy, I stop, rub, give him a ton of treats and let him stand on the pedestal. So yesterday, we had an AMAZING session. I checked off boxes in the Level 3 - Stage 3 booklet this morning, and we have 6 out of ten done. There are 4 left, and we are almost done! I think stage 3 is the fastest booklet we have gone through, and one of the most challenging but fun! I am very happy, and am waiting for the rain to stop so I can go out and play.

1 comment:

Katie Oostman said...

Ahhh. You just described my heaven. I too wish I could have gone to the confrence, maybe next year. Awesome cantering Sundance! Good job, Bebe!
Have fun in the rain-as I battle of Gustav's rainy reminants.
<3
Katie