Friday, September 11, 2009

Farrier time with Fred - Healthy Stride Endorsed Farrier

 

I cannot begin to explain all I learned within that time frame I had with Fred. I am truly blessed to have met Fred and Macs, what phenomenal teachers! This will be one of the things I will teach when I am a professional, I am inspired to become a Healthy Stride farrier now also. He has given me the tools to move forward and learn more... I can't wait to get my hands on those ponies. We'll all be at the Lakeland, FL Celebration together, and will have time to be together and pick out my own tools (since I need smaller equipment.) I can't wait to learn more and spend more time with him, and learning from him...

http://www.brother-fred.webs.com/

http://www.healthy-stride.com/

"Commit to the Lord whatever you do, and your plans will succeed." Proverbs 16:3

Looking at Bert's alignment...

102_2377

Testing the straightness of the trim with laser leveler...

102_2378

Heating Starsky's foot with fire, softening the hoof...

102_2384

How beautiful! From lame club footed horse, to a sound and happy hoof!...

102_2385 

102_2387

How do I look in Fred's chaps?...

102_2381

 

Looking Glass - Ray Hunt

 

When you get what you want in your struggle for pelf,

And the world makes you King for a day,

Then go to the mirror and look at yourself,

And see what that guy has to say.

 

For it isn't your Father, or Mother, or Wife,

Who judgement upon you must pass.

The feller whose verdict counts most in your life

Is the guy staring back from the glass.

 

He's the feller to please, never mind all the rest,

For he's with you clear up to the end,

And you've passed your most dangerous, difficult test

If the guy in the glass is your friend.

 

You may be like Jack Horner and "chisel" a plum,

And think you're a wonderful guy,

But the man in the glass says you're only a bum

If you can't look him straight in the eye.

 

You can fool the whole world down the pathway of years,

And get pats on the back as you pass,

But your final reward will be heartaches and tears

If you've cheated the guy in the glass.

4 comments:

Caro said...

Mariah, I have a question to the hoof pics because I've NEVER seen something like this here in Europe before!
What was the problem with the hoofs and why did you heat the hoof?
Whats this black thing on the toe?

I am really curious, please explain it a little bit!

Sunnypony from the SC Forum ;-)

Caro said...

Hey Mariah, have you got my mail (about the hoof topic)?
Caroline

Shelley Carter said...

Hi Mariah,..it's Shelley from Wildwood Fl. I am a friend of Beth Ramsey's as we met on teh Savvy club website when they formed the original members of the OPP(Ocala Parelli Players) anyway,..good for you on the Healthy Stride stuff! My husband Andy has been working closely with Jim, Brandon and Corey and will be attending their farrier school at the Parelli ranch in Ocala.Hope he sees you there! I've met Fred! Great guys that Healthy Stride has working with them! We did their Clinics here last spring and learned so much! Look forward to finally meeting you. I was shelldrake1167 on the Savvy website but due to cutbacks in our finances had to temporarily cancel our Savvy club membership so I won't see ya on there for at least another month but wanted to leave ya anote about our involvement with Healthy Stride!GREAT pics! Aren't those guys just the best?!Love em!
Naturally yours,
Shelley Carter

Pat said...

Hi Mariah,

It's so amazing the wonderful relationship you have with your horse. You are awesome!

I wonder about these hoof pics though. In your heart of hearts do you really feel okay about taking a torch to the bottom of a horse's foot. I could NEVER do that. I'm pretty familiar with hoof anatomy and what heat can do to the sensitive laminae that connects the sole to the bone.

That picture with the blow torch is really shocking. Sad too that the horse ended up with a built up fake foot with a shoe attached. It's no wonder she seemed sound. She could no longer feel her feet after getting burned, glued and shod all in one session.

I'm sorry, but I think we should understand more of about the most important part of our horses anatomy before we just accept doing these kinds of things to them.

pat